Friday, August 15, 2008

ABC...easy as 123

Now that I have that song in your head...let's get started. This was a fun little game that didn't take much to do. I printed two sets of the alphabet. With one of them, I got out my 'ol trusty painters tape and taped it on the wall as you see below.
Then, I cut up the individual letters on the second set and put them in a pile with the roll of tape. Then I had my son pick any letter and he had to match it underneath the one already on the wall. While he did that we went over certain things that start with the particular letter.
My son doesn't have much of an attention span so we did about five letters at a time and then went back for more later. Easy, simple and they learn a little something along the way.

2 comments:

culleymom said...

Did you laminate them? How big of a font did you use to have them end up big enough? I like this idea. I'm going to try matching the upper case with the lower case, that is a challenge for my little ones.

Delaina said...

Nope. I didn't laminate them. And the font size was about 24 in Times New Roman. Good Luck!