Friday, August 8, 2008

Days of the Week

I've figured out that my 4 year old is a visual learner. Why it took me 4 years to figure that out? Well, I'm also a visual learner and I guess it wasn't put down on paper for me to see. My sister in law and I are both like that. When we get together to sew, it's a visual learning field day! We barely read the pattern - we say "meh, who needs to know what the seam allowance is - not me!" And honestly, for some reason - it all works out. So, in honor of sis and me, I have a visual way to teach my kids the days of the week. Some of you reading this probably have 2 year olds who can do this, but I'm a little slow, bear with me.

So, I opened up my trusty 'ol Microsoft Word (Bless you Bill Gates, you've made my life easy) and created this table. I added a few things that I know are consistent, like church, going to Beef O'Brady's on Tuesday (kids eat free, btw) and basketball on Saturday. The blank boxes to the right are for my little man to check off each day. (If you want this template, {I'll delete the pictures if you want} please email me at delainamc@gmail.com)

You can laminate this and use a dry erase marker or if you're like me, you can just print one out every 4 weeks. You can also make this into a chore chart, a behavior chart or anything else you can think of. Please post any variations, we all want to know!

Cheers!

D

No comments: