Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tenn-aloon

My husband came up with this game quite some time ago but it's still as popular today in our house as the day it was first invented. Now, we're not taking the credit on this invention but it's the first we've heard of it - especially of playing it in the house. Man, it's hot in Florida - we stay indoors in July! Anyways, it's Tenn-aloon. It's a game of tennis with a balloon. Here's what you'll need. A balloon of any shape or size blown up. Not with helium, just a few good puffs from your lungs is all you need. And then, depending on how many players you have, each should have a spoon of some sort from your kitchen. I give the kids wooden spoons.
Once you have all your goods, start by having your kids or you or grandma or the kids next door toss the balloon in the air and start using the kitchen utensil to hit it back. The trick is to not let the balloon hit the ground. You could certainly put up some sort of barrier like a tennis court - you could even get out your painter's tape!!!! You know I love a good roll of painters tape! But have fun with this one as it gets a lot of laughs when I try desperately to reach for the balloon without removing my lazy bum off the floor. Yep, you heard that right. I park it right on the floor and have the balloon come to me - I love this mothering gig.

1 comment:

culleymom said...

love it, love it, love it. I can't believe I never thought of this. My kids are always trying to knock stuff around the house. This will save me a ton on new lamps!!!!!!!! Jason is the master, bow to the master, bow